This is a game of tic-tac-toe using red X's and green O's. You can choose to play against the computer, have the computer play
against itself, or set it for a two-player (person) game.
Click/tap on the squares to get three green O's or three red X's in a row - vertically, horizontally, or diagonally.
Having the computer play against itself may remind you of a scene from the 1983 movie 'War Games' where the computer in charge of NORAD
learns that it cannot win a nuclear war any more than it can win a game of tic-tac-toe when both players are experts. Want to play a game?
The 'New Game' button (top, middle - star button) begins another new game and will cause the
player to alternate if players are set to alternate.
The 'Settings' button (top, right - gear button) brings up settings, where you can set the players, the speed of play, the computer skill level, and
who goes first. For Computer vs Computer you can specify how many games to play in a row (up to 300). By default, the computer's skill
level is set to Intermediate and to vary its skill level. If 'Vary Skill Level' is checked, the computer's skill level will vary depending on
how well you play against it in an attempt to match your skill level over the course of many games (in one session).
There are a number of options for setting the speed of the computer's response. This is mainly useful for when
you pit the computer against itself. The computer speed depends in large part upon the speed of your internet connection, so take them
more in a relative context.
Just below the game board the stats on the number of wins, losses, and ties for each player is displayed. This can be reset in 'Settings'.
You can add the TicTacToe Game web app to your iOS device:
1) Go to www.artbylogic/puzzles/tictactoe/inARow.htm in your Safari browser.
2) Tap the Share button (at the bottom of the Safari screen for the iPhone, at the top for iPad)
3) Tap the icon labeled "Add to Home Screen"
4) Tap the "Add" button in the upper right hand corner of the dialog
You can now launch the TicTacToe Game app from its icon on your iOS device.
You can pin the TicTacToe Game web app to your Android device:
1) Go to www.artbylogic/puzzles/tictactoe/inARow.htm in your browser.
2) Click the Menu button. Then add the page to your bookmarks.
3) Open your bookmarks using the menu button. Find the new bookmark you just added. Press down and hold on the bookmark until you see an action menu.
4) Select "Add to homescreen" from the action menu.
The bookmark is now pinned to the homescreen for easy access.